Monday, September 12, 2011

The Dirty Details

Finding precise information about how much milk you can expect to produce is nearly impossible. Rightfully so, since it is a very personal matter ... there are many factors that can cause you to produce more / less milk and just as many that can affect how much you're able to store. So. With all of that in mind, I'll share MY details for some perspective ... but be mindful this is me, and YOUR experience will likely be very different.


Breast size: 38C - 36D (depending on bra maker / style)
Total production per day: 30 ounces (887 ml) average
# of daily pumping sessions: 4 minimum, 5 average, 6 max (rare)
Duration of sessions: 15 minutes average, 20 minutes for first session of the day
Production per session: 6 ounces (177 ml) average


The most my breasts have ever held is 7 ounces (207 ml) in each, for a total of 14 ounces (414 ml) produced in one session. This was a morning session after about 11 hours. I do not nurse my son on my breasts ever ... so 100% of my milk production is accounted for in these figures.


Please feel free to share your details!

No comments:

Post a Comment