Friday, March 9, 2012

Milk to Spare? Consider Donating!

I have to admit I was initially very turned off by the thought of donating my milk. I'm not sure why, but I was. Then I learned more about what donated milk is used for: helping premature little babies! Who wouldn't want to get behind a cause like that?!

At one point I was very flush - with a huge stockpile in frozen storage and several days available in fresh supply. It never dawned on me to consider donation.

My stockpile was consumed very quickly upon returning to work, but if you are so lucky as to have milk to spare, do consider donating!

Basic qualifications include:

  • you're drug / smoke / alcohol free
  • you don't have any life-threatening diseases (ie. heart disease, HIV, cancer, VD, etc)
  • you haven't had vaccinations or tattoos in the past 12 months
  • you don't take medicine (other than prenatal vitamins)

Full details here: http://www.nationalmilkbank.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment